Wednesday, October 19, 2005

 

Phew! Made It!

I'm relieved to be back home (from my trip to Florida) and apparently I'm back just in time too. The latest hurricane, Wilma, is shaping up to be potentially even stronger than Katrina. Barometric pressure readings on Wednesday have been below 900mb all day which only occurred momentarily with Katrina while it was a Cat 5.

I really feel sorry for those people in the affected areas. Much of last year's hurricane damage in south Florida hasn't been fixed and as if that wasn't enough, Katrina caused much more damage than the media has reported - due to their preoccupation with New Orleans.

The past 2 weeks have reminded me just how fortunate I am to live in Canada - and especially Alberta: no earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes - just the occasional tornado. No disease, famine, civil war, minimal crime and poverty, and one of the highest standards of living in the world. Sometimes, issues like Paul Martin's (lack of) integrity seem utterly trivial to me.

I have a lot of work to take care of, so I probably won't have time to post again until the weekend.


|

<< Home