Friday, September 23, 2005

 

If You're Poor, Stay Away From Hurricanes

Like most people, I've allowed myself to be reassured by the talking heads on MSM TV that lessons have been learned from Katrina and that everyone's being taken care in advance of Hurricane Rita. Or so I thought until I came across this story from the Galveston (Texas) Daily News: No Way Out

For some reason, reading this story reminded me of a businessman I knew who lived very well by carrying on the business his father had created. Whenever the subject of welfare and poverty came up, his response was always along the lines of: "Make them a get a job. They're just too damn lazy. Why should we give them anything?"

He couldn't have cared less about hurricane victims or these people if his life had depended on it. The real question is: who's willing to help them?


|

<< Home